Best Folding Bikes
Have you ever wished you had a bicycle you can take with you on a train or perhaps a bus? Maybe you travel by train to work and need to walk a long distance to reach your destination. We have the solution for you. Buy yourself the best folding bike. These unique cycles you can fold with ease they collapse and are ideal for riding to the station and taking your bike with you on your journey.
Depending on where you live these, commuting pals permitted on trains and make for easy commuting. They are also handy as great space savers when living in a small apartment, caravan, or a canal boat. If you are planning a vacation, you can use it while riding different modes of transport as the smallest folding bike can get you anywhere while traveling.
You can buy different brands offering a diverse range from a difference in the folding mechanism, wheel size, the weight, and most importantly the price. Certain bicycles have easy to use folding mechanisms compared to other and others have full sized rims with smaller wheels.
The choice is endless and we are here to help you find the right one. Read our folding bike reviews and choose one according to your needs and lifestyle. We are sure you will find one made only for you.
Reviews of the Best Folding Bikes
Here we have selected different folding bike models available on the market at affordable prices. Each brand has their own unique features designed to make your cycling and enjoyable and easy one.
Stowabike Folding City V2
For one of the best-priced folding bikes, the Stowabike Folding City V2 has the right price tag. The bike features a Shimano 6-speed gear system designed with the city life in mind. The City V2 folds to 24 x 34 x 32-inches to fit in the boot of your car and is easy to store away. With the compact size, you can easily move through train doors or even a bus. The cycle comes standard with an adjustable seat & handlebars, kickstand, mudguards and has 20-inch rims. Further, Stowabike backs their products with a 12-month warranty.
- The Folding City V2 is ideal for commuting while compact enough to take with you on a train and measures 24 x 34 x 32-inches once folded
- The frames constructed of steel and measures 20-inches
- It has a built-in rack for carrying your bags
- Other extras are the kickstand, the steel mudguards, a Steel Zoom Stem Handlebar and the New Well E60 Chain
- For ease of riding it has a 6-speed Shimano Gear System and a Rear Derailleur Shimano RD-TZ50
- The rims are 20-inch single wall designed and outfitted with 20 x 1.75-inch tires
- The pedals have CPSC Reflectors and the Chainring & Cranks constructed of steel
- The V2 has a weight of 34.1 lbs
- The bicycles backed with a 12-month Warranty
- Excellent customer service
- The racks have a durable design
- The gear shift well with minor tweaks made
- Easy to assemble
- Includes the tools needed to assemble the bike
- The handlebars do not fold down easily and with screwing and unscrewing the threads wear out after a time
Vilano Urbana Single Speed Folding Bike
For one of the lightest folding bikes, you need the Vilano Urbana Single Speed model only weighing 21.5 lbs. This bicycles perfect for urban riding and has a minimalist style that is easy to maintain. The wheels are 20-inches and have mounts for your water bottle and a rear rack. The frames built with aluminum and have no gears, cables, levers, or shifters. Now you may wonder what about safety when the time comes to stop it has coaster brakes. Once folded the Urbana measures 12 x 32 x 25-inches for ease of storage and travel.
- The forks designed with aluminum and has coaster brakes for the time when you need to stop
- The bike folds up to measure 12 x 32 x 25-inches
- This is one of the lightest folding bikes weighing in at 21.5 lbs and has only one speed with 20-inch wheels
- There are no cables, levers, shifters or gears and is a low maintenance cycle
- Included you get a comfortable saddle with rack and water bottle mounts
- Vilano backs their folding bike with a one-year warranty
- Saves you time when commuting in between places
- Folds away in a second
- Stores away easily under a desk
- Has excellent coaster brakes
- Has mounts for a rack and water bottle
- The handlebar screw is not durable and breaks after prolonged use
Schwinn Loop Folding Bike
For a classically styled bicycle, the Schwinn Loop model received excellent folding bike review feedback. The 20-inch design of the Loop is perfect for commuting and has a low standover frame. The fork has a stiff design and you can easily climb on/off. For stopping power, it has alloy linear pull brakes with a 7-speed Drivetrain to get up those steep hills. This is a great bike for your 12-year-old child and great for adults to ride. The frames constructed of aluminum and have mechanical rim brakes. This is not one of the lightweight models and weighs 33 pounds. Further, it has city tires with a 3-piece single speed crank set.
- The Schwinn Loop has a black and green color design
- The bicycles outfitted with 20-inch alloy rims
- Once folded is measures 16 x 32.5 x 26-inches and weighs 33 pounds
- The tires available on the folding bike is City tires and it has a 3-piece single speed crank set
- The frame is a low stand over design and it has 7-speed Shimano grip shifting
- Further, there are front/rear linear pull brakes constructed of alloy
- To carry your goods it has built-in carries and has fenders on the front & rear
- The maximum rider weight is 230 lbs and you receive a heavy-gauge nylon bag to store your bike in
- Great for riding trails
- Easy to ride
- Gears work smoothly
- The hand brakes easy to reach and use
- Easy to get on and off
- Folds away with ease
- The shifters need some tuning
- The saddle is a bit hard and unpleasant to cycle on
RETROSPEC Folding Single-Speed Bike
For an urban dweller that is the smallest folding bike, look at the RETROSPEC Single-Speed Bike measuring 10 x 30 x 22-inches once folded. The bicycle weighs 23.5 lbs and has an aluminum frame & fork. The cycles outfitted with 20-inch wheels and have an alloy crank with a 48T chainring. Further, it’s equipped with Kenda Kwest tires and has folding pedals. It has a strong 16T Coaster Brake Cog with alloy seat post and comfortable saddle.
- The RETROSPEC has a 23.5 lbs weight and folds down to a size 10 x 32 x 22-inches
- The frame and fork has an aluminum construction and equipped with 20-inch wheels
- Further, there is an Alloy Crank with a 48T chainring and equipped with Kenda Kwest tires
- The pedals fold away and for stopping it has a 16T Coaster Brake Cog
- The handlebar tube and top tube folds away
- The folding bikes not equipped with brake cables or shifter and has ergonomic grips
- The saddles comfortable and recommended for riders with a height from 4.8 – 6.6-foot and weighs under 240 lbs
- Accelerates quickly
- Handles well
- The handlebar you can adjust for height
- The frame and wheels are not durable and can bend easily
- The instruction manual is bad
Dahon Mariner D7 Folding Bike
Now if you need a combination of the lightest folding bike and the smallest folding bike the Dahon Mariner D7 is the one to buy. The bicycle weighs 26 lbs and measures 25.6-inch x 12.6-inch x 31.1-inches when folded. It is equipped with 20-inch wheels and the frames constructed of aluminum with a Dalloy Sonus Tubeset and Lattice Forged Hinge with a V-Clam Technology. The forks built with Hi-Ten Steel Blades and Steerer. The handle post has a radius telescope with Fusion Technology and adjustable.
- The Mariner D7 has a 20-inch wheel size and weighs 26 lbs
- Once folded it measures 25.6-inch x 12.6-inch x 31.1-inches
- It has a Dalloy Sonus Tubeset Frame with Lattice Forged Hinge made with V-Clamp Technology
- For smooth riding the forks has a Hi-Ten Steel Blade and Steerer
- The handle post is built with alloy and has a radius telescope that is adjustable – here Dahon used Fusion Technology in the design
- It has a Shimano RD-TX35 7-speed Rear Derailleur with a Twist Shifter and RUSTBUSTER chain
- There are front and rear hubs
- For safety, it has WinZip Smooth V-Brakes
- The bike accommodates a rider with a height from 4.9 – 6.8-feet with a max weight of 231 lbs
- Amazing commuter bike
- Shifts smoothly
- Rides easy
- Moves at top speeds
- Requires no adjustments out of the box
- Learning to fold the bike takes time until you get the hang of it.
If you need a commuter bike that can handle long-distance cycling and is easy to take with you on public transport, the folding bikes reviewed here is the solution. They are lightweight, durable, compact, and available at an excellent price. You can buy them with different features and options available in size and weight. However, if you are not sure what to get check our other reviews out. We have hybrid bikes for men and women or you can find a suitable mountain bike less than 1000 bucks reviewed with us. We are sure you will find a suitable model to fit in with your lifestyle and needs.